Step 1: Set Up Machine
Before using your Tassimo machine for the first time, follow the instructions below. Do not insert the water filter.
1. Rinse the water container (A), fill it to “max” with fresh, cold water and place it on the machine. Check that the water container is properly inserted in the slot on the back of the machine. Plug in the machine and position the on/off switch (J) located on the back of the machine to “on.” All the indicator lights will flash.
2. Place a large cup (at least 325 ml or 11 oz) on the adjustable cup stand (D). Open the brew mechanism (C) and position the cleaning disc (K) (included in your package) on the T-DISC holder (C1), bar code facing down. Firmly close the brew mechanism (C) by pressing the clamp (B) down until it shuts.
3. Wait five seconds, then press and release the start/stop button (H) to start the machine. You will hear the machine run for a short period to fill the internal water heater. When the machine stops running, the STANDBY light will illuminate.
4. Open the brew mechanism (C) and close it again, leaving the cleaning disc (K) in place. The orange HEATING light will begin to flash. Wait about a minute until the green AUTO light illuminates, then press and release the start/stop button (H). The machine will fill the cup with water. When the machine stops running, empty the cup and place it back on the adjustable cup stand (D). Repeat this step in its entirety.
5. Open the brew mechanism (C) and remove the cleaning disc (K). The HEATING light will illuminate. If your machine has a water filtration system, proceed to Step 2 (on the reverse side), otherwise proceed directly to Step 3 on separate insert.
J On/Off switch (on the back)
K Cleaning disc
Do not discard the cleaning disc after use – you will need it for flushing and descaling the machine in the future.
For more detailed information, please see the User Instructions.
Note: This machine is not for use at altitudes above 6,500 feet/2000 meters.
Step 2: Install Water Filter
Supplementary instructions for water filtration
Your Premium Tassimo Machine comes with an extra large water container and a water filtration system. This improves the taste of the beverage you prepare with your machine.
To begin using the filtration system, follow these instructions:
1. Remove water filter from the package and turn red date indicator to current month.
2. Place water filter in a bowl and fill with fresh drinking water. Soak water filter for 30 minutes.
3. Remove water filter from bowl. Place water filter into the water container of the Premium Tassimo Machine and push down until water filter is locked into the bottom of the water container.
4. Fill water container with fresh drinking water and insert on the back of the Premium Tassimo Machine. Your machine is now ready for use.
If your machine does not work properly, please call Tassimo Customer Service at 1-877-TDISC1 (1-877-834-7271).
Replace the Tassimo water filter after 3 months of use. In addition:
• Remove the water filter before descaling your machine
• If the Premium Tassimo Machine is not used for 3 days, the water filter should be rinsed in fresh water
• If the Premium Tassimo Machine is not used for more than 20 days, the water filter should be discarded and replaced
You can obtain replacement filters at stores where you buy coffee, by calling Tassimo Customer Service or by visiting www.lavishtreats.com
How to Make a Drink
Place the mug of your choice on the cup stand.
When the STANDBY light illuminates, insert the T-DISC® of your choice and close the clamp.
The HEATING light will blink as the brewer heats the water to the optimal temperature for your drink.
Once the proper temperature is reached, the AUTO light will illuminate. When it lights up, press the start/stop button to begin the brew cycle.
The AUTO light will continue to flash throughout the brewing cycle. PLEASE NOTE: Some beverages have a pause in brewing after the initial influx of water into the T-DISC®
The MANUAL light will illuminate when your drink is ready.
PLEASE READ YOUR USER INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION.
All lights will blink the first time you turn on your machine. This is your cue to prepare your machine for use by following the quick instructions in Step 1 on separate insert.
If the water level runs low while you are preparing a beverage, all lights will flash. Simply remove and refill the water container, and brewing will continue automatically where it left off. It should not be necessary to discard the T-DISC and start over.
The AUTO light will blink throughout the brewing process. Some drinks require a pause in brewing as part of the recipe for brewing your perfect cup – this is to allow the optimal flavors to unfold and is a normal part of the brewing process. The AUTO light will continue to blink throughout this process.